GUARANTEED FOR LIFE
30L DAY PACK + 90L DUFFEL BAG
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON ROCKYBOOTS.COM
Wild Turkey Cutlet Cordon Bleu Blog Post - From Field to Plate
Wild Turkey Cutlet Cordon Bleu
- 2-4 turkey cutlets
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 slices ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound out cutlets, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roll each piece with two slices of ham & Swiss. Place in fridge for 1 hour to allow the cutlets to set, this is key for them to stay together.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, paprika and garlic powder, set aside along with a bowl of eggs and a bowl with flour.
- Dredge each cutlet in flour, egg, bread crumbs and set aside.
- Bake on a wire rack for 25-30 minutes. You can also fry the cutlets in 2 inches of oil, and finish off in the oven.
While the turkey is cooking, it's time to work on the sauce.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- Garlic, minced and smashed
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tsp mustard powder or 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- In small sauce pan melt butter, add garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Whisk in flour until smooth and let cook 1-2 minutes, stirring so not to burn.
- Add all remaining ingredients minus the cheese, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer or 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in parmesan cheese until melted.
Fit & Finish
- Remove cutlets from oven, allow to rest. Slice into 1 inch pinwheels.
- Pour sauce over each piece and finish with some fresh chives.